Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Dream


In 2007, I had a "dream". I envisioned a portrait studio located off highway 55 (the gateway to Idaho's playland) for the purpose of creating "Lifestyle Portraits" of Idaho's families. Most of us live in the Treasure Valley, but when it comes time for recreation and relaxation, most of us head north toward McCall, Stanley, Cascade, etc. My dream is to capture families doing what they love most - to tell that family's story - and to create heirloom portraits that will become that family's legacy.


The town of Horseshoe Bend became the potential answer to my dream. In December 2007 my family went up to Garden Valley to go sledding. We stopped in front of the old LDS church building. (I am pictured here in front of the old LDS church). At this time, the Church was asking $300,000 for this property. Across the street was a restaurant for sale - they were asking $500,000. Each building was approximately 3400 square feet in size. The church that I am looking at has a full basement. I wasn't sure either was in my budget, so I renewed my lease in Meridian for another 2 years, and decided to wait!

No comments: